Saturday, March 12, 2011

Portraits of Maui Chefs


Aloha,

I recently got a request for images from Douglas Peoples the photography editor for the next edition of the coffee table book "Maui on My Mind". This book is famous and has been an iconic symbol of Maui for as long as I can remember and I have lived here since the early 80's.

In addition to submitting scenic and underwater images of Maui, for some reason I decided to contact some of our islands most famous chefs. I offered to come to the location of their choice and create a portrait for consideration.

In the process I became inspired to do a public exhibition of the chefs portraits.
So, I am looking for venues and for a few more chefs.

This image is of Chef Sheldon Simeon from the restaurant Star Noodle in Lahaina.

No comments: